Pages

11 April 2011

In My Wardrobe : Crochet Love

I’ve wanted to write this for a while now… I have a massive “thing” for crochet. There, I’ve said it. My relapse in this trend stems from a dress that I bought months and months ago which looking back now, provided a certain wistful escapism from the long, dark winter. So, obviously I’ve been dying to wear it ever since. The best thing about this dress is that it is multi-functional, I’ve worn it out on a night out, I’ve worn it during the day and I find that I’m already starting to visualise myself wearing it as a kaftan on the beaches of Spain and Portugal later this year. As I’ve mentioned time and time again, I’m obsessed with the 70s and wearing anything remotely crochet gives me that sense of carefree and “I’m not trying too hard” vibe that epitomises this era, making it a necessity in every girl’s wardrobe.

Some pieces from my current crochet collection include my white, mid length (£5 thrifted) dress, a white and caramel waistcoat (which goes perfectly with cut-off denim shorts), a mid length top from H&M and a vintage waist-coat with pearl detailing. 

Photos belong to Jessica Rabbit  


One thing that I really love to see is that I’m not the only one crushing on crochet. I’ve seen crochet pieces in quite a few editorials and lookbooks of late. PS How amaze are those H&M white crochet shorts? I need them!


Sourced : H&M Lookbook via Fashion Gone Rogue
Sourced : Fashion Gone Rogue, Fashion Toast, Knighttcat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...