Pages

6 July 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia

After 9 hours on an overnight ferry from Italy, we made it into Dubrovnik, just in time to watch the beautiful sunrise over the mountains. I’ve heard that Dubrovnik is incredible but I must say, it is something so, so special and I won’t ever forget my time there. Not only is the town absolutely picturesque, the food is delightful and the locals are the friendliest in all of Europe. We went kayaking to Lokrum, an island off Dubrovnik, and discovered so many amazing places to go snorkelling. We also went hiking along the coastline where the remnants of war are still visible with the likes of “lookout towers” and bunkers and the views are out of this world. Dubrovnik is seriously underrated and certainly deserves its title of “pearl of the Adriatic”. I can’t wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...