Pages

2 June 2011

Vegetarian (and Vegan) Restaurants in Barcelona

Finding vegetarian food in Spain is a real challenge, particularly in the smaller cities and towns like Cadiz where if you even mention the phrase “no meat” prepare to be laughed at. Thankfully, Barcelona has caught onto the concept of no-meat dishes and not only offer vegetarian but even, vegans will also have no problem getting a good meal. Two places that I’ve eaten at recently (I am neither a vegetarian or a vegan - I’m just sick of eating tapas) are Juicy Jones and Cat Bar.

Juicy Jones
If you love freshly squeezed juices and scrumptious salads than you cannot go past Juicy Jones. While I was there I had the Tofu Noodle Salad (which was delicious) and a carrot, apple and ginger juice with a shot of spirulina.  
C/ Cardenal Casañas 7,
Ciutat Vella,
08002, Barcelona



Cat Bar
Since I’ve been in Barcelona I’ve been to Cat Bar twice – it’s really that good. From the outside, it doesn’t look like much – just a regular bar but everything in Cat Bar is vegan friendly from the food down to the beers. If you go to Cat Bar you cannot go past the burger with salad and fries, it is quite possibly the best vegan burger I’ve had - and all for 5.
C/ Bòria, 17
08003 Barcelona

Photos taken by Jessica Rabbit

1 comment:

  1. You should also check out Gopal at the George Orwell placa. Everything is vegan, affordable and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...